Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thank you everyone!!


Thank you everyone for the birthday cards and gifts, I really appreciate it.
My district is so freaking awesome. I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday because I just wanted it to be a normal pday but they made it way more than a normal pday and when we came home from a lesson they came out of my room with a birthday cake singing happy birthday. It's something I'll never forget for sure.  

My Pday for this week was today because we got to go to the the Newport Temple! This week has been pretty good. President Bowen had a long talk with me about how he hates to have to transfer me before my training is done but he and Elder Kim thought it would be better for the Korean program if I was in the North. He told me he just has a ton of trust in me and faith that I could help the numbers go up in the north area......So the north averaged around 3 other lessons a week and that's about it. This last week we had 13 other lessons got 9 refferals got 4 new investigators and 1 of them is so close to becoming a PI while one of them has become a PI! It's awesome! The north area has so many Koreans, Fullerton is pretty much Korea haha.
Quick story. So when I came to the North we had no Investigators and know PI. So I've been praying and praying like crazy even fasting for an investigator. For like 2 or 3 days straight I kept saying to my companions I just want an experience where when the person opens the door they just say how we were the answers to their prayers...just something like that. ( we have just been tracking for hours and hours so we can find someone to teach) Its around 8pm and we're about 30 min away from our apt so we only had time to do one side of the street and right when we got out of the car and finished praying I told my companions we need to go to this house...so of course we went and a 17yr old boy named Daniel answered the door and he is so freaking cool! And me and my companions just clicked with him we talked for a bit and shared the restoration he almost started crying at the end and said "man this is crazy cause I kinda have just been praying about what to do and I just feel way lost and I know god answered my prayers with you guys"......I pretty much had to refrain myself from jumping up and down and hugging everyone haha anyways we are meeting him and his family this week and I'm super excited.

So me and my companions are not your average everyday missionaries we don't go to door to door bearing our testimony hoping the door doesn't get slammed in our face, instead my companion Elder Choi came up with a survey. (and this helps a lot with the Korean people because yeah...their Korean and want nothing to do with us at first haha) But what we do is we tell them we are offering service but we have a quick 11 question survery about their personal opinions. Each question is directed towards family and the gospel through this survey we know what to teach them so we can fit their needs. Also we have found out that instead of 9/10 doors getting slammed in our face, only 2/10 doors because a survey on personal opinions just sounds 10x less annoying. Plus we have found out if we can actually get inside their home to take this survey and sit down, 7/10 times we can teach a lesson and 2/out of those 10 times we can get a return appt. it's pretty awesome if you ask me.

Last thing my very first companion Elder Kim is the reason I'm even the missionary I am now. He had so much trust from the members and we was the only link from inactive members to the church and he worked so hard with me to give me all of that. Because of that now the inactive members call me,( like Sister Kim jun He) And we are actually starting to teach her now. He also gave me the courage I needed to approach any Korean person. I was fine at first just talking to everyone who wasn't korean and I did, but he really made me get our of my comfort zone. He made sure I didn't get comfortable with only bearing my testimony but really made me proactive in the lessons. Our first lesson with Kim Young he told me I was going to lead and I was so scared.  I got sentences and phrases memorized and when we got to his house I told him I wasn't good enough and wasn't going to lead that he had to.....so guess what Elder Kim did? Right when Kim Young answered the door he said I'm so sorry Kim Young but I'm really sick and have a super soar throat so Elder Meza will be talking most of the time...hahaha. I'm very grateful I had him as my trainer. Also because of Elder Kim the Korean Branch is having our first baptism in over 5 years! It's Kim Young and his whole family! :) Elder Kim has met with Kim Young for over a year now! Everyone calls me Kim jr. because I'm just always trying to be up beat and nice like him. Anyways my point is Elder Kim is awesome! He thinks the world of you to.
 Also Elder Kim's parents live in Korea and aren't mormon at all and had to pay for his whole mission, he also leaves in less than a month. Would you write just a short letter to him that would be awesome I know he would appreciate that so much! Thank you so much mom I love you! :)
Read Moroni 10:3-5 "Moroni's promise" Read those verses and do what it says. I do it at least once a week! 
Love Elder Meza

No comments:

Post a Comment