Sunday, August 18, 2013

Devotional with Elder Scott

Mom,
So cleaning the temple was way cool! Our Pday got all screwed up because we have the Temple now so we are allowed to hurry and finish them. But the new Temple video is SO sick! Anyways quick spiritual thought, on Tuesday we had a devotional at the Marriot Center and this week Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke and my whole district, and we were on the front row floor seats where his  family sit. I was able to get us the seats because we arrived there way early then I befriended the usher so long story short,  I'm awesome! Haha But honestly it was awesome he spoke on prayer and gave so many words of advice that were much needed. He gave us a blessing for the gift of tongues at the begining then at the end of his talk he looked right down at our district and said you Elders going foreign speaking...then gave the coolest blessing ever! I have it written down but its in my room so I'll share that later. I got a blessing from an apostle!!! How cool is that? The main thing that stood out to me was the thought I had at the end of his talk. I remember I just thought to myself, "this is a Apostle of God and this man bears what he knows to be true."
 
I leave for California September 10th!
Love you 
Love Elder Meza


No comments:

Post a Comment